Thursday, October 2, 2008

Halloween Preperations

In this house Halloween is huge. Not so much the actual day I think but all of the anticipation of leading up to that day. The decorating (we do a lot of decorating!), the decision on a costume and figuring out how we are going to do that costume, the choice of candy, the pumpkin carvings. We have so much fun with all of it that once the day comes it's almost disappointing because you know it's almost over.
We plastered the kitchen cabinets with a lot of old decorations for the kids.

I do love Halloween down here though. Growing up in NJ you don't really realize how much fun trick - or - treating can be when you are not bundled up in your winter coat and people don't have to ask "what are you?" because they can actually see your costume! Down here its warm enough to go without a coat (though some years have needed an extra layer underneath the costume). Most years I will actually sit outside to hand out candy to the kids. Partly because it's such a beautiful night and partly because I feel guilty watching all these children working so hard to climb ALL those front steps just for one piece of candy.

Anyway, we are starting to decorate and make final decisions on costumes and enjoying another October down here. Hope you are all enjoying the cooler fall weather and getting ready for another fun filled fall.
Some of Dave's favorites. These are old Beistle decorations that he collects.

1 comment: