This weeks has been a roller coaster of a ride for us. We spent the beginning of last week reveling in all the glory that an upcoming baby girl can offer. Thank you all for your kind and boisterous emails. I am loving all of your reactions to the news. They are almost as good as ours!
After 3 boys the thought of a girl has proved to be very interesting. Thoughts cross your mind that you would not think would (but do, and quite often). Like, well how do you change her diaper. We never had to worry about all the baby girl happenings and making sure that we did that kind of stuff right. With boys you just wipe...doesn't matter the direction once everything is healed. As long as you get it all off your good. Then the thought of all that cute little girl "stuff". The dresses, the little designs, all that is just too cute. Yes, the mind does wander.
Later in the week we received some heartbreaking news from a neighbor that I won't get into for their sake but it really put us in a place of thanks but at the same time made us realize that we need to slow down. All I can say is they are in our hearts and we are taking a better look at our lives because of it.
On the heels of that we woke up the next day planning to get our flu shots. Well that all got sidelined into a whole other fiasco. You see the day before Justin got off the bus with some red cheeks. No big deal I thought. It was warm that day but had been cold and dry before that so I thought his eczema was just starting to act up. By that night his leg was itchy. Well by the morning of our flu shots he was covered in a rash. I decided to keep him home but we still brought everyone to the docs hoping the rest of us could get the shot. I had Justin checked out just to be safe and my suspicions about him were right. Fifths disease. None of us could get the shot. No big deal EXCEPT I am pregnant. Fifths disease and pregnancy are not a good mix. Now the chances of anything going wrong are slim but I am the queen of those slim chances. You see Fifths disease is highly contagious, though you can only get it once. So if I have never had it I most likely will get it. When a pregnant woman get this there is a 5% chance of becoming severely anemic which can harm the baby. So now I am being monitored for the disease and if tests show that I have it we will be monitoring my iron levels closely. There are things that can be done if it is showing that my iron levels are dropping we just have to keep a close eye to be careful.
Amongst all of this my mom went in for back surgery on the 1st of October. She is now in rehab and doing well but we are calling often to check in and making sure that she has no clue over all the stress going on. It's another thing on our plate but it doesn't need to be another thing on hers. She is working hard with her rehab but she is still in a lot of pain because it is still so early in her recovery. More than anything I think she is annoyed at not being able to be as independent as she wants.
So there it is. That's where I have been this past week (amongst other things that I have been thinking about but I won't get into all of that just yet.) I promise some picture will be coming soon. I hope some happier posts too. I do have a project I have been working on almost done and I can't wait to share it with all of you.
7 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment