Tuesday, October 21, 2008

10 Years

This past weekend Dave and I celebrated our anniversary. I cannot believe it has been 10 years since that day. Sometimes it feels just like yesterday that we were deciding what invitations we would have. Then I look around and see 3 boys running around (and boy are they. They are tracked out from school and have more energy then ever!) and another child on the way. I am amazed at what we have and what we have accomplished.

We decided to forgo any fancy gifts and just go out to dinner with the family. We have quite a few things coming up that require more of our attention and the boys desperately needed clothes for winter. The pants we bought for Ryan last month he has already outgrown! We did enjoy a nice dinner and spent the evening together just enjoying each others company. It was well worth it. Don't get me wrong there was some things we were eying up and wanted to buy for each other but we are firm believers in if you can't pay for it you don't get it (credit cards is NOT paying for it. We do use them but they MUST be paid off at the end of the month.). But we are going to have higher doctors bills due to the extra testing on me for the fifths disease (Fist test came back great!) We just got done paying off Justin's 4 pulled teeth, yada, yada, yada. We all know how it goes in this kind of economy.

Anyway, to my husband...Thanks for putting up with me. I know it hasn't been easy at times. Thanks for enduring my ADD personality, starting tons of projects finishing few. Thanks for not only tolerating my crazy roller coaster emotions but for telling me you are glad I am that way. Thanks for giving me 4 beautiful children and for being such a good dad. Thanks for giving me security and love I so desperately craved. I wouldn't have wanted to spend this crazy life with anyone else.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Aniversary you two!! Ten years has gone fast. Just think 10 more years and you get a car Tania.

    ReplyDelete