Thursday, October 16, 2008

Fall Splendor

One afternoon a few weeks ago I needed a break from all the craziness and needed some inspiration to craft. Not being able to go too far I hopped on my computer and visited some of my favorite blogs. I came across this beautiful simple blanket from SouleMama. Just as I sat admiring how beautiful this wool blanket was Justin walked in. "What a cool blanket!" Well that's all it took. I decided what could be better than curling up under something so beautiful on a crisp fall day and reading a book. I altered the idea a little and made it more like a quilt. Here are the results. Too bad its 86 degrees outside. This weekend is supposed to finally cool down closer to fall like temperatures (for down here at least) so hopefully we will get to use it then.

About books, we are reading The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane. What an amazing read. Every night we sit down for a few more chapters before bed. We just can't get enough of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment