I wanted to sit dow
So yesterday evening rolled around and Dave got some good news. He wouldn't need a root canal like the dentist originally thought. She was able to fix the problem with a band and a special filling. He knew I had been a little stressed lately and thought he would do something nice. He offered to take all of us out for a little evening treat (oh how I wanted a hot cocoa too.) We got the boys loaded up in the car and decided to head down to Panera. The boys were so excited because it had been ages since they were able to go out for a dessert. I told Dave I would drive and off we went. Well no more than two miles down the road we were stoppped at a light and BAM! Someone hits us from behind. Luckily we are all ok, and the kid who hit us seemed scared to death over what happened. Although we realize it was an accident, these things happen, it just couldn't have come at a more stressful time for us. With all that is going on it was just one more thing added to our plate to handle. Anyway, so last night instead of typing a nice little blog entry I spent the evening talking to insurance companies. This morning, instead of the park it was the body shop getting an estimate. Luckily the car is still drivable though we have no access to anything in the back because if we open the hatch it will not close again.
Well, I guess I just have to remember at least we had a car to hit. So many people are going through so much right now I just try over and over again to remember that no matter what we are going through, we are quite blessed.


So glad everyone is ok with the accident. Heather had a little one while we were in Flordia. She stopped for a school bus. The HS kid behind her didn't. Small dent in bottom bumper and tags. She was ok. The boy was "I'm sorry, it was my fault, I was not paying attention". Her car is still drivable, thank goodness.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you are all ok, after reading Sonja's comment ( being a believer that all happens in three's) I think it is over. Matthew was driving Leila and I to my Mom's and the car in front of us decided he did not want to turn left and darted in front of us we stopped the utility van behind us did not. I got out of the car before it stopped to make sure the baby was ok. The kid that hit us was so upset to see a newborn in the back. Our new car has a battle wound but we were so happy Leila was ok we didn't report it.
ReplyDelete