Thursday, September 25, 2008

Hallelujah!

It's done! I finally officially finished the couches! Officially, you ask. Well, yes. I still have to do the throw pillows but we were unsure of the fabric we would even use for them until about 3 days ago. And with gas as high as it is I am NOT going to make a special trip to Joanns for the fabric (as much as I want to make a special trip.)

So here it is in all of it's glory. I was telling everyone it only took me 3 months to complete but then I realized I started the loveseat back when Dave's parents were here in MAY! OK, it was actually 4 months. But with them not here to watch B and needing to pin everything it wasn't easy with him wandering around. Then the only place big enough to handle all that fabric was the dining room table. I tried a couple of times to work on it while he napped but with the table right under his room it would wake him up. Not only would I have nothing more complete but I would have a cranky baby letting me know he didn't appreciate all that noise while he was sleeping.

So, they are not perfect. I do see lots of room for improvement (maybe one day I will get brave and try to fix them but I have ripped out enough stitches on those things right now to last a lifetime). I am thrilled with them though. Our couches look so much better and we saved tons of money doing it myself (we figured well over $700!).

In the picture you can see the material we picked for the pillows. I am so proud of myself. Not a hint of blue in it! Something to make the couch pop! Dave was a little nervous even but when he saw the piece up against the couch he even admitted that it looked good. I figured these will be good though Christmas and then maybe I will start to look at some spring colors for the pillows.

Well, so there it is. My biggest project to date and I actually finished it. I am notorious for not finishing large projects like this but I was not going to give up. No Way. I am so glad I didn't.

2 comments:

  1. Tania-the couches look great!!!!
    You did an awesome job.
    And what an adorable model
    you hired to show them off.
    Where ever did you find him?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tania you did a great job! I'm still nervous about even starting mine. So whay don't you come on over and help me???

    ReplyDelete