Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Just Tania

My, it has been a long time since I posted. Life has been crazy around here. Not crazy bad but you would think I would be used to this hectic life by now. Every time it gets like this I have one problem... I start to deny my time. The time I take to unwind, to do the things I enjoy. I realize that at times like this that some things need to fall to the wayside but at the same time I am probably dropping the things that would be the most beneficial. Time for myself would keep me calmer, more focused, a better mother. I realize that when I drop all the things I love I become cranky and less able to tolerate all the chaos. I just haven't learned how to balance having time for myself when I am being pulled 11 different ways. Now, I know I can't sit there reading the blogs I enjoy or scrapbook while my world falls apart around me. It's amazing to me though how I can feel guilty taking some time to rebalance and be a better mother when I know life is busy. 

Why are we taught that time for self as a mother is such a horrible thing. We think it's selfish. Why? Why do we think that being a martyr is so much better.  Why do we think that being a good mother means putting yourself last. Were we taught this. Yet it takes so many of us so long to learn the lesson of some "mommy" time means we will be a much better mother.  I am slowly learning this lesson.  I get it, I just forget sometimes.  I need a little reminder sometimes, so here it is.  

TAKE A FEW MINUTES FOR YOURSELF. DO SOMETHING YOU WANT TO DO. BE TANIA, NOT MOMMY, NOT THE WIFE, JUST TANIA.

1 comment:

  1. Since you have young kids, it is hard to find time to yourself. But, yes you need to find the time. Promise yourself 1 hour a day. 1 hour, to do what YOU want to do. Even if it's nothing. Just laying down and relaxing.

    It took me a long time to learn this. To put everything aside, and take care of me. You'll feel better about yourself, and rested with yourself. Everything will be there after you find time for yourself. It's not going anywhere.

    I have a saying in my kitchen, "My house is clean enough to be healthy, and dirty enough to be happy"

    ReplyDelete