My sister Sonja flew in the Saturday before I went into the hospital to help out. There are so many wonderful things about this visit that I cannot even begin to express. You see my sister was an army wife for 20 years. Though we got to see each other on occasion it was rare, and not long enough. We would never get the chance just to sit and enjoy each others company. To talk and catch up and remember why we love each other so much. My sister is my family. She is the one I can always count on, wether she is a few states or many countries away.
Sonja's time is almost up here and I am sad to see it had gone by so quick (she may disagree, since she spent her days taking care of the little ones so I could heal). I am grateful that the kids got to know her for themselves, not just in stories or short crowded visits during a family gathering. I am glad we had a chance to be sisters again. I am mostly grateful that, though she has her own family to take care of, she took two weeks out of her busy schedule to take care of her baby sister and her family. I love her like no one else.
Thank you Sonja.
Sweet Rest.


These pictures are sooooo precious. All of them.
ReplyDeleteAnd I love what you wrote!
As many times as my kids say that they don't like having brothers and sisters or wish they'd been an only child, it is blogs like this that makes me know that ONE DAY they will feel the same way and will always be there for each other! Beautifully written and LOVE the pictures! ~Shelly~
ReplyDeleteI was doing so well until I read your blog!(sniff) You just had to make me cry didn't you.
ReplyDeleteTania, we haven't spent time like that in years....we are still close if not closer. You are more then my siter, you ARE my best friend. I love you.
Sonja
p.s. I woke up this morning to silence LOL