I am going to tell you all something that I am not proud of.
I am so not in shape... Yea, I know, I'm 'skinny' though. I must be healthy.
Nope.
Not even close.
I really want to change this though. I HATE to exercise. My biggest problem is motivation. I have no motivation to exercise. Being 'skinny' all my life I was even told by other people "why are you exercising, you don't need to loose weight". First of all we should all know that skinny doesn't mean healthy. I know I have to get healthy for my children and for myself. I don't want to be out of breath anymore. I don't want to have no energy to do what I want to do. I want to feel better about myself.
My second problem is food. First, I have a sweet tooth the size of Texas. Chocolate is a close personal friend. Second, I have a household of picky eaters and with a family of six I will not be a short order cook. To many times I take the path of least resistance because I get tired of the complaints at the dinner table. Burgers, no one complains. Breaded chicken, most are happy. But then I am not happy. I know that we could eat a whole lot healthier though and I want to eat a whole lot healthier. I love my veggies and I am willing to try most things. So how do I convince everyone else.
I am going to try though. I don't know how long it will last. I don't usually last more than a few weeks but here is where you all come in.
Yes, I am asking for help (for those of you who really know me, you know I NEVER ask for help). I am going to keep my progress up on facebook. If anyone wants to join me on this journey let me know. I will do the same for you. If you are local, join me in a walk or at the gym. If not, post your progress or goals too and I will help however I can. If you don't want to post your progress, email me. If you see me slip, offer encouragement. Actually even if I don't offer me some. If you haven't seen me post anything about this for a few days ask me what's going on.
Make me accountable to all of you. I am hoping it will help.
Thanks!


I use EA Sports active on the Wii.. I love it!
ReplyDeleteYou know what ! me too! My bunions I couldn't walk. Surgery on my bunions I couldn't walk. OK a year later and CAN walk. I'm not. OK pedimoter, at least 10,000 steps a day what do you think?
ReplyDeleteI use soy flour to coat my chicken breast in and then cook it in some olive oil. It is not exactly the same as breaded chicken but kids will still think they are getting breaded chicken and it is extremely healthy.
ReplyDeleteAlso check out Rachel Rays site. I think she has a section on cooking healthy for the kids and you may find somethings that they wont complain about eating and that you will feel good about eating too.