Friday, September 4, 2009

When



That's what I have been asking myself lately. When did all of this happen?

When did I have a 9 year old? It seems like just yesterday I was pacing the hallway of HMC in such sever pain, waiting for him. Scared to death of not being good enough. Funny how we mothers are scared of that. We could be near perfect but we would find the one thing we could improve on and be terrified it will ruin our child. Now, 9 years later I look back at it all. My first child, holding him in my arms and knowing how fiercely I would support and defend him. It is a love which you cannot describe.

Justin has amazed me in the past 9 years. He is the funniest kid I know. He will crack jokes, make funny faces, anything to make you smile. His sarcasm is uncanny. Though that one can play both ways. His love for his family is so strong, though he has trouble showing it. He has amazing talent that leads me to believe he will be an engineer one day.

This was his present from Mom and Dad. We got him a lego set. 1170 pieces. I bet he will have this done by tomorrow.

Justin wanted a Hoops and Yoyo birthday party. He thinks they are just hilarious! We made these masks. This is his favorite guy...Piddles. We just learned his name today, we always thought it was And.

There is so much I wish for him. I wish for him to love his unique qualities and know how much his family loves him, just the way he is. I wish for him the strength to carry on with his studies, as difficult as they are for him. He will be something special someday because he didn't give up. I have so many wishes for this 9 year old boy of mine I could fill a book.

My biggest wish for him right now is that he would know that I am his biggest fan and I always will be.

I love you Justin with all my heart! Happy Birthday!

3 comments:

  1. What a lucky 9 year old to have such a great Mommy! and such a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautifully said Tania!
    He is one very special nephew too! We love you so much Justin. Happy Birthday Buddy!
    Wish we could be there with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 9 years old! Whao he'll hit double diggets next year. Enjoy while you can they grow up and move away so quick.

    ReplyDelete