OK, I have to admit I hate the fact that my boys LOVE video games as much as they do. We limit their time and they rarely complain but they are obsessed none the less. So when Dave wanted to buy Guitar Hero for the Wii at Christmas for the boys I grumbled and complained the whole time.
It's rated teen I said, knowing there was only a few songs on there that I really had a problem with them hearing. We will be there with them he said.
It will be too hard for them! knowing full well they probably had settings for different levels.
They haven't shown any interest in it I said, using any excuse in the book to try and not buy the boys a new video game.
Well, I gave in.
Sunday we opened it.
And we all played.
Yes, even I played it. It was FUN! We smiled and laughed and had a good time as a family. Even B was there.
There are so few things we can all do together on these cold rainy days. There is always someone who can't (or doesn't want to) be involved. Whether it's because it's not age appropriate for the little one. Or the older kids find it boring or there is just no way we can all sit down at once to do it. So when we were having so much fun that we lost track of time I had to admit, Dave, you done good.
This one time
7 years ago


hoo boy do I know what you mean! Finding something that the entire family can be involved in and have have fun is next to impossible anymore! And the subtleties of the tongue, shoulder, and the ever so often "shoot" as my children play are what can be the funniest!
ReplyDeleteShelly
Guitar Hero is great! Make sure you try Rock Band so that the whole family can play at once! My kids love the 80's hair bands! (Just imagine Simon singing Iron Maiden - its truly a sight to be seen!)
ReplyDeleteDo you guys Wii Fit? I actually got a Wii Fit age of 25 last week!
Whats going on with the baby? Did your doctor have to turn her the right way yet?
Keep us posted...
Does this mean I can play too! I won't sing thou, you'll kick me out of the house. LOl
ReplyDelete