Sunday, January 11, 2009

Family Update

OK, so it has been a little while since I have updated everyone on the family. I figured I had better do it soon before I start getting emails :)

Justin and Ryan are starting their 3rd quarter in school and doing very well. We were happy with their second quarter grades and can see they are trying really hard. Over Christmas break Dave decided to sit down with them every evening and watch the Lord of the Rings trilogy little by little (omitting some parts that were too intense). The boys are now in LOVE with this and had so many questions about them that I think Dave spent more time with the movies paused than actually running. This got the boys wanting to bring down their old castle set that has been in the attic and they actually gave up some of their precious Star Wars legos to make space in their room! They now spend their days dreaming up battle scenes and trying to understand more about the times of knights and dragons.

Brandon is finally getting over an ear infection that took him by storm. he gets so few of these as compared to the boys but man when they hit they really hit! He is my little helper around here, loving to unload the dishwasher with me or help with the laundry.  I even have to pull out his "broom" whenever I sweep. He is also trying to talk like crazy. He always babbled a lot but now he focuses on certain words and works really hard at getting us to understand him. He could play on the floor for hours bouncing a ball back and forth or pushing his cars. He is such a great kid and I love seeing more and more of his personality being able to shine.

I go into the doctors tomorrow for another checkup on the little one. I think she may no longer be a complete breech but I have lost all hope on the placenta previa getting better. I have resigned myself to the fact that my last child will be the one to make me have a c-section and I am just so lucky that family has stepped up to come and help on this new path I am embarking on. I go into the hospital on January 26th to have her. My wonderful brother-in-law Rob is giving up his loving wife for 2 whole weeks so she can come and help and then once she leaves we are hoping that Dave's Mom and Dad will be able to make it down to give me just a little extra help while I try to get back on schedule. Dave and I have picked out a name for her but we have decided not to announce it so you all are going to have to wait. We figure you know everything else that is going on so we wanted something to be a surprise once she arrives. So you all will have to check back here on the evening of the 26th for an announcement.
I have been playing with my Christmas present over the past few days and we were lucky enough to be able to use it to capture this beautiful double rainbow the other day. We have been having so much grey weather that this was a pleasant change though it only lasted for a few minutes. I am so glad that I have finally figured out how to get pictures from this camera up to post. Now you all will be seeing me back with lots of new pictures and posts to keep you updated on all my little projects, family and otherwise.

2 comments:

  1. Everything will be fine, you'll have a beautiful daughter to add to your loving family.So relax while you can, cause you won't get any later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I miss something??? What did you get for Xmas? A new camera?

    ReplyDelete