Monday - My Hands
Today I am giving thanks for my hands. They keep me sane, they feed my family in more ways than one and they show the love that I have.
I am giving thanks to my hands first because they do so much for me. Because of my hands I can make warm bread or a delicious breakfast for my family, I can grow food in which to feed them. I can show them how to eat healthy by what I put on the dinner table.
My hands help clean a scraped knee, wash my childs face, and, in a pinch, comb my kids hair. My hands help hold on tight to keep them safe or to complete a hug. They stop them from going into danger or hold their face when I kiss them. They help me hold on to the little one when I carry him. They rub my growing belly to connect with the one not here yet.
They hold my husbands hand to show him I still love him. They rub his back when he is sore after a hard days work around the house. They keep the house clean (ok, not always but...) to show him I care. They hold the ring on my finger that tells him I will be with him always.
They type or write the note or dials the phone that lets my friends and family know I am thinking about them.
My hands also keep me sane. These are my main crafting tool. I use them when I sew, knit, crochet or scrapbook things for loved ones. They help me create. When I use my hands to make these things they help me put love into them. They help me escape from every day and go into my own little world. They help me become me again.
For this I am thankful.


You should alsobe thank ful you don't have arthritis yet. My left hand has been killing me lately. I won't tell Rob, I don't want to stop quilting.
ReplyDelete