As some of my facebook friends know, I have some wonderful neighbors whose father had a terrible accident. He has been in the hospital for many weeks in a coma. Although he is making progress the process has been slow and tedious. Though I have sent prayers their way there hasn't been much I could do for the parents since they live three hours away from us. Being the type of person I am I really felt as if I needed to do something for them.
That's when I came up with the idea. Though it has evolved from my original the premise was the same. A prayer quilt. You see my neighbors and their family are deeply religious and I know how much prayer means to them. I decided to create a lap sized quilt that he could use if he wanted that would have open "blocks" that could be used for the family and friends to write a prayer, some love or list an accomplishment. I hope it will go to good use and I hope this little token will show that there are many people out there praying for him.


that is a beautiful idea.
ReplyDeleteTurned out great Tania! HAve you given it to them yet?
ReplyDeleteWhat a thoughtful and generous gift. I am sure this will mean so very much to them. It is beautiful :)
ReplyDelete