Monday, March 9, 2009

A Little Prayer

I am posting this on my blog because I know some of the family reads it and I want to keep everyone updated. My mom is going in for her first of two more back surgeries today.  As you all know she has been having lots of problems with her back because of Lumbar Degenerative Disease. Pretty much this means the bones in her back are weakening. So today they are putting some screws in to help strengthen her spine. If all goes well she will be having surgery #2 on Wednesday. Please keep her in your prayers and if you are nearby call up for a visit; she could use the company. I will keep all of you updated as to her progress as soon as I hear.

update... 9 hours of surgery, lots of blood lost but she pulled through and is doing well. Dad said the doctor put her in ICU tonight. Her T5 vertebrae was completely destroyed. They put in a titanium rod. Wednesdays surgery is postponed until at least Friday but he said all went well and the doc has high hopes.

2 comments:

  1. I've been worrying since last night. I'm not use to dramas anymore. I've been praying since I heard. Right now 6:30 she is in the recovery room. And her phone has changed again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that she is NOW doing well. I've been through back surgery due to degenerative disc problems. I hope she comes through it all as well as I did. Our prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete