Spring has sprung around here but then decided to disappear once it was official. We had beautiful weather Wednesday and Thursday but by Friday the temperature dropped 20 degrees and though it was still nice it not the same after hitting 75.
I have been trying to get a picture of Sophia's new habit. She loves to smile but it is so fleeting that by the time I can get the camera to click it is long gone. This is the closest I have come. She looks like Ryan when he was a baby in this picture. In fact I have a picture of him somewhere making this same face!
My mom has gone over to the Good Shepherd Home to start the rehab process. She has long days ahead where they will give her 3 hours of rehab a day, once in the morning and once in the afternoon. It doesn't sound like much when you are healthy but after two back surgeries at the age of 76 (soon to be 77) that is a lot of hard work. She is doing as best as can be expected and one good thing to come out of all of this is she seems to have more appreciation for my dad and all that he does. You go Dad!
We are hanging in there around here. Birdie has here good days and her bad. I am trying to keep an accurate record of what I eat and how she does but other than milk I cannot find other culprits for her fussiness. The Gripe water seems to help but not quite enough. We are going to try one more thing that the doctor suggested and see how that helps. If not we will be going back to him to see what else we can do for this poor little girl.
I got a call on Thursday from the school to ask if I could come and pick up Justin. He had been hit in the nose by a soccer ball. Poor kid... By the time I got there he seemed ok and by later that night he was fine other than 2 very faint back eyes (because of the dark circles he inherited from me you can't even tell he has them unless you really look hard). That same evening B fell down and he now has a black and blue fat lip. I never saw a lip turn black and blue but apparently it can happen. I was just happy no teeth came loose.
Since I am falling asleep at the keyboard here I think this is where I will stop. Know more will be coming soon. Goodnight all!


What are you doing to my nephews and niece? That is a funny pic of Sphia, what kind of lens did you use? Your tired, sounds like yur a walking zombie. Kepp smiling it will get better. I promise!
ReplyDeletexo
Sophia is such a cutie! Kind of reminds me of faces Uncle Fester used to make on the Addam's Family tv show! You really need to find a way to get some time for yourself to go soak in a hot bubble bath and relax then get a GOOD uninterrupted night's sleep. I know, I know, Who am I kidding? I went through the years of 3 little ones. They are now ages 22, 20, & 17--so you can imagine how little sleep I used to get as well. Hang in there girl, it will eventually get better--although there will days you won't think so.
ReplyDeleteShelly