Saturday, August 16, 2008

Tomatoes From The Garden

Brandon loves to help around the house, especially tasks that involve going outside. It was no surprise that he would love helping me when I was out in the garden (though not very much ever gets done when he is with me...) So last week when I went outside to water and pick a few tomatoes that were ready it was no surprise that he wanted to come and help. He stood patiently watching what I was doing and I explained how I would only pick the red ones because the others were not ready. Once or twice he grabbed one and waited until I said it was OK to pull at it.

Then as I was picking our little minis one fell to the ground. B picked it up and held on to that tomato. He would not put it in the bowl or hand it over to me. He wanted that tomato. When we were done we came inside and he still would not let go. He went and sat in his favorite spot.

Notice how wet he is from watering. One of his favorite tasks

He bit into that tomato.





And that was the end of that. He wanted nothing else to do with it.

Check out his face in this last one.

1 comment: