Sunday, August 24, 2008

A Little More Simple

The more crazy my life gets the more simple I want it to be. I am not one of those mothers who signs their kid up for every activity that comes by or has to bring their child to every event in the area. It's just not me. Don't get me wrong, we do things, but I just don't follow todays philosophy of "more is better". I believe in down time, unscheduled "mom I'm bored" playtime. That's what makes them think of new ideas, new games, new fun. Even with that going for me, I still feel like my life is too crazy. I yearn for a simpler way. I know, adding a fourth is not going to bring me simple. I think part of this started with this pregnancy (even maybe a little earlier than that). Then I finally get some summer pictures printed. I look at them and I feel like I don't get enough of this because I am spending too much time doing everything else. I just think there must be a way that I can make it easier, slower, more time to enjoy life instead of doing every other little thing.

I love this picture of the boys at the beach - look at the pure joy on their faces!

1 comment:

  1. Not a worry in the world. To be a kid again....


    Enjoy them, don't fret of anything else.

    ReplyDelete