Monday, July 21, 2008

Cuddle Creatures


We were driving home from some errands yesterday when Justin came up with the great idea to start a business (thanks Dave!). He decided he wanted to make stuffed monsters to sell (and, I think, a few to keep) that kids would love to play with. We got home and he went right to work on his plan. He began drawing out different monsters, figuring out what type of fabric would be used, how big they would be, even how to make the faces (with more fabric of course, so even babies could have them). He was so excited he wanted to run right back out and pick up everything he needed. I think he was hoping to have the money before we left for New Jersey next week. I did have to explain to him that it takes a little longer than that to make and sell these guys. The last thing we had to work on was a name for his guys. After a few "not quite" names he came up with cuddle creatures over dinner. We went online to make sure none existed (so we wouldn't get in trouble) and then it was right back to work designing more guys. He was so excited I actually can't wait to see them myself. Once some get made I will post some pictures for you all to see.

2 comments:

  1. To cute! You know they have special crayons that you can draw on paper then iron on the fabric. Just remember it will come out backwards.
    Can't wait to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My God Tania, that is such a great idea. High fives to Justin. He is so creative. And I LOVE the name.
    One thing-can I be his 1st customer?
    Good Luck on your new venture Justin. Let me know if you need a loan shark.
    Love you guys!
    Aunt Karen

    ReplyDelete