Saturday, July 12, 2008

Boys Will Be Boys

I promised myself when I started this blog that I would be honest. I wasn't going to fill it with stuff that just made our lives look so peachy keen to the outsider. I would show our lives the way it really is. Well, real life lately has been one huge wrestling match with me starring as the referee. Since early last week there has been something between Ryan and Justin that is just driving them to fight. Fight over every little thing. Whether its an argument or actual hand to hand combat it has been happening several times a day for almost 2 weeks now. I was hoping the start of school would slow things down but I was wrong. I have tried every kind of punishment I can think of. Nothing is working. So now I am just waiting this out (along with a few more punishments along the way). I hope it ends soon because I want to enjoy my boys again without being the MEAN Mommy I can be at time like this. Ah, I guess this is part of the joys of boys!

2 comments:

  1. I remember those days. Have them sit down at the table and let them talk it out. They can tell there feelings to each other. Of course there is rules. Only talk, no yelling. Let each other talk. Tell there not leaving the tableuntil things are settled. I tried this with the girls, it worked well. They learned to talk to each other.
    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh - kids are great, aren't they? Sometimes I think its a fight to the death with my kids. Just remember - kids do most things to get a reaction from you (good or bad). Try ignoring their bad behavior - I know, easier said than done. And remember - this too shall pass.

    ReplyDelete