Sunday, March 16, 2008

Dyeing Easter Eggs

Justin and Ryan had a blast dying Easter eggs today. Even B got in on the act with the help of Daddy. Justin has been begging to dye eggs for about two weeks now and we finally gave in, figuring a week away as close enough. We pulled out those fizzy little tablets that we remember from when we were a kids and set up a couple of mason jars. The kids had a blast - they colored for almost an hour. Stopping only because we ran out of eggs! I have a feeling before the week is out we will be coloring more. Maybe this time we will try some natural ways - I've heard red cabbage makes blue eggs...how cool!


1 comment:

  1. Tania, I remember when Mom would use onion peels. Just put them in with the eggs and boil them! They would turn a nice brown. ohhh...Good science project!

    ReplyDelete