Monday, November 2, 2009

All These Plans

I think I have got myself in over my head again. I do this all the time. You figure I would catch on and not set so many expectations for myself. I planned to have a "handmade" Christmas, hoping to make more of my gifts this year. I thought it would save some of those precious dollars and also make the gifts more meaningful, from the heart.

Well Christmas is only 2 months away (actually less if you want to be technical) and I haven't started any of my gifts. I still have some necessary projects that should really be put first on the list before working on those other ones. I didn't even make anything for the Christmas bazzar happening in a month that my sister and I were going to participate in. So much for that. Sorry Sonja!

So, to give you an idea what I had done to myself here is a partial list of what I thought I would finish before Christmas.

-Fix the hems in Justin and Ryan's new pajama pants - I made them too long.
-Make a dining room tablecloth
-Make 2 dolls for presents
-Make an ABC book for presents
-Make 3 pairs of slippers for presents
-Make 2 pairs of winter pants that will actually fit Brandon
-Finish the quilt I started
-Make 2 bedside book holders for the boy's beds
-Start Sophia's quilt to match her sheets
-Make a photo quilt for my parents (o.k., I KNOW this one is a pipe dream. Maybe next year Mom)
-Finish the Advent calendar I started last year
-Bake our Christmas cookies to hand out (still haven't decided whether I am going to do the cookie swap)

and to think this doesn't include all of the cleaning, decorating, cooking, caring for kids and myself, let alone sleep.

Obviously, I know I can't do it all so I will have to be brutal and pare it down. Actually I think what I will do is prioritize the list one day. This way I can work in some kind of order and then I won't start all of the projects and finish none. Maybe the list will work, then again, I know myself well enough to say maybe not.

P.S. I know I haven't posted pics in a while - some will be coming soon. I promise!

4 comments:

  1. A girl after my own heart...an overachiever! I know which ever ones you choose to complete will be fabulous! What better way to show someone you love them than by giving them something from your heart? Enjoy yourself as you create these gifts and know how precious they are to those who receive them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yhea right Tania. Tell me which ONE do you plan on finshing! LOL Good Luck girl! Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at how far behind I am. I am just now posting things that happened in the summer. I won't display my to do list - it reminds me that I need 8 more hands! LOL

    Don't you feel like every time you cross out 1 item - 3 more get added???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey-speaking of to do lists and all that - how are you doing with your gym routine?

    ReplyDelete