Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Blessings

Today is a mixed feelings day for me. I am missing my family on this day when we should be spending time with those we love even if they are far away but I am so grateful for so many things that I cannot be sad.

You see, I am thankful for so much. There is the usual stuff, family, friends, a roof over my head but this year I wan to tell you what I am really thankful for.

I am so thankful for where I am in my life. You see, all that I have is a great accomplishment in my eyes. I recognize that this was not something that should have come my way and I am so happy that it did.

The reason I say this is because I know that I am not the type of person to gain all of this. You see I am socially awkward. Some people see it as aloof or cold or shy. I really don't know which it is. I try to make myself comfortable around others. I need others in my life as I am an extrovert by nature. But I also know that I am the one who always seems a little "odd" in some way. I was the girl that never quite fit in as a child and I still see situations where that happens. I also know that my brain does not work like everyone else's. Most people I know would say "what?" and not quite understand. I think that unless you think like I do, you wouldn't understand. You don't really see it and I have worked hard to compensate for the "differences".

If I would have taken the easy way, The path my life should have probably followed, I would not be where I am today. I would not have this wonderful husband and these great children. To be honest I don't even know if I would have been here.

So today I am thankful for my dearest oldest friends, who despite my actions, love me anyway. I am thankful for my new friends giving me a chance. I am thankful for my husband taking a shot with me, seeing my good qualities and loving me for those. I am thankful for my children for dealing with me and loving me anyway. And I am thankful for my sister. Because of her I tried to be better. She loved me unconditionally from the beginning.

So you see today I have so much to be thankful for and I know I am truly blessed.

3 comments:

  1. Tania, your a great person, and we all know how special you are to have you in our lives.I know if you were never born, I would have been a different person. You made growing up so much happier for me. The best part is we became the best of friends. I love you, and I know you very well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tania, I am blessed to know you and find your honesty just beautiful. I am not sure if this will comfort you, but I think we all at one point or another feel like we "stick out". It's hard to let our guard down and put ourselves out there. Thank you for sharing your Thanksgiving thoughts. I am honored to read them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a great feeling to know that you have a lot to be thankful! So many people are consumed by what they don't have - that they can never see the beauty of what is already theirs.

    I hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving down south!

    Any plans for a Jersey visit???

    ReplyDelete