From the time Justin was about three years old he has owned some kind of lego set. Starting off with the duplo and the duplo active tech vehicles. He played with them non stop and it didn't take long for Ryan to join in on the fun. When Justin turned four he got his first Bionicle. He built that thing (with some help from Mom) by following the directions in the pamphlet. He was so focused and determined. By the time Justin was five and Ryan was three they were both building with fervor. Ryan still needed help but Justin was building on his own. They owned dozens of Bionicles and a box of Lego blocks. They then started to buy the Lego sets. Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Rescue, you name it. To this day Star Wars is still one of their favorites.
The reason I am telling you all of this is a few months ago we learned that a Lego store would be opening down here. We've been to one of these stores when we go visit family in New Jersey and the boys would save for weeks so they could buy something when they would go there. To find out one was opening down here lest me feeling torn. I was so happy for them but at the same time I was unsure how many more Lego sets I could handle in this house. We stopped buying them sets long ago. They save for all of theirs or will ask for them from Santa at Christmas or from Grandma at birthdays. I finally decided it was no worse than taking them to Target for them to ogle all of the new sets. Last week we ran to the mall to pick up a few things and walked them by the store front. Their jaws just about dropped open to learn that soon they would have their "very own" Lego store. They came home and jumped on the computer to learn when it would open.
Come to find out it was this weekend.
They spent this morning doing tons of extra chores to earn a few extra dollars to bring with them. They must have asked a dozen times when we would be going. The anticipation was just too much. Finally after lunch we left to go to the store. They were in their glory to walk into this store and just stare at all of the Lego sets in one place. Star Wars, Bionicle, Power Miners surrounded them. They had a hard time deciding what to get but in the end they both walked out with two nice new sets which kept them busy building for the rest of the afternoon. They are already talking about going back in two weeks for the grand opening since they will be building a Lego Yoda in the store. They are already asking what extra chores they can do to earn even more money for when they return. I think they will be dreaming about Legos tonight.
I swore I heard the angles singing for them as they stared in awe.
I think we own more Legos than anything else.
Which leaves me wondering...
Why didn't I buy stock in Lego?


Just think there beds will always be made and maybe your laundry always folded? If they need more lego cash they can help me clean my house! That is really great they can share that interest!
ReplyDeleteDo you really want the boys to experience Lego Heaven? Then you have to visit the Mall of America! The Lego Store there is a huge Lego Event. You have to check it out - it is awesome! We took the kids when we were visiting Bob's family in Minnesota. It was like Simon's own Graceland!
ReplyDeletePlus the amusement park inside is really amazing too!
In Germany they Lego Land. I even had a blast! It's fun being a kid, even a old one. LOL
ReplyDeletePS they do have a lot!