We are so excited about Easter this year. We have an extra special one coming up so it has been a little crazy around here getting ready. You see, last week Dave went to church while I stayed home with the kids. at 11:45 I get this call from him telling me his phone is about to die but that he has an important question for me. here I am thinking he is gonna ask me what I want from the store or something but no.
Tania, want to have Sophia baptized next week?
What? Uh, sure.
You see, the priest made an announcement in church that the family whose baby was supposed to be baptized during Easter service had to back out and he was asking the congregation if anyone knew of a baby who needed to be baptized. Well we usually go up to Jersey so we can celebrate with the family but we weren't planning on being up there for another couple of months. Dave thought how special it would be to have her baptized during Easter service. I have to agree. So the past week I have been trying to get the few things we need together so we can do this. She needed a gown, I need a dress (none of my old ones fit yet). We had to square everything away with the godparents. Even though we are not having a big shindig here at the house we still wanted to make it special for her. Not that she will know (we will though...)
So pictures will be up soon of Sophia's big day.
Hope everyone has a wonderful Easter.
7 years ago


That is great! Hope everything will turn out good, looking forward to the pictures. I'm always looking forward to see my nephews and niece.
ReplyDeleteWow - you guys make it to church? Thats awesome! (Well at least you don't have to worry about making baptism plans now - its already done for you.)
ReplyDeleteThat just makes me think of how bad we are. KC will be 2 in June and we haven't had her baptized yet. Whoops!
It sounds like this Easter is going to be a busy one for you! I am looking forward to the pictures!
PS - You never posted the Halloween pictures with the shrunken apple heads that you guys made. (I was hoping to see your creations.)
The pictures turned out wretched. We couldn't get the pics to show the detail no matter what we did. They just looked like blobs.
ReplyDelete