Thursday, December 11, 2008

We Won!

Every year at Justin and Ryan's school they have a holiday family night called O'Holly night to raise money for the PTA. We have gone every year since Justin was in Kindergarten. The boys have a blast playing games and having their faces painted. They even get Santa to make an appearance for those kids who would like to visit with him. The big thing every year though is the basket auction. Every class put together a basket of donations based on a certain theme. Then on that night you can go around viewing all the baskets that are available and placed purchased tickets into the ones you think you would like to win. Every year we spend quite a bit purchasing tickets so everyone has a chance. We never win anything, not even some sweets from the cake walk game... which is fine because we are still supporting the school.
So this year we went around putting in our tickets and I was pretty ambivalent about it all, placing my tickets in anything that looked slightly interesting. I figured there is no way we are going to win once again. After we got home and put the kids to bed we get a phone call. It's the school... we WON a basket. We won the iPod basket that all the older kids were clammering for. It's actually pretty cool! We haven't figured out what to do with the nano since we really didn't need that but the rest of the stuff will get a lot of use. The nano may too, we are just not sure yet.


I am in shock. To bad tomorrow morning when I wake up the kids and tell the kids that we won a basket that they will actually be disappointed. They really wanted that LEGO basket...

1 comment:

  1. That is so cool! I went to my luchen today, where they have a christmas tree auction, of trees that woman take and decorat, so us knuckleheads put our raffle tickets in a bag to win. Well I bought 12 tickets , put my tickets in the trees I wouldn't mind having. Of course they weren't that great this year. Well I won a shooter tree(shooters to drink), and a lottery tree(won $6 on that).I told Heather she could have a tree for her room next year..

    ReplyDelete