Friday, December 19, 2008

Pre-Christmas Happenings

Though things are "slow" around here as compared to the usual Christmas preparations there is still so much going on.

I am on limited activity so, though I baked some cookies, it was not nearly to the extent I usually bake. Typically you will see cookies surrounding my kitchen as I spend every waking moment on some weekends preping, mixing, baking and packaging cookies. I actually kind of miss it. We did pick some of our favorites to make and stuck with those in small batches. Justin is asking me to try one new recipe and if everything goes well we might try that one this weekend.

A few more projects got finished around here. Small things that were starting to pile up. You know those things you only need 5 minutes for. Those are the worst around here because by the time you pull everything out just to finish the project then you have to clean it all up. I never think of working on those becasue there are always bigger more important things to do.
Justin and Ryan got their report cards today. No surprises. They both did well and we are proud of the hard work they have put in. Ryan even got a 4 in reading which is the highest score you can get. It is really hard to get one in the younger grades so we were excited to see that.

Here are some outtakes from what should have been Christmas card pictures. Things fell apart quickly that day. B wouldn't even get in front of the camera, no matter how much coaxing. Justin tried, I tried, and Ryan just goofed around. The boys had fun for a few minutes but then I think they started to see Mama's frustration with the lack of a picture where there were even three children and so we all gave up. That's when I went through the years pictures and just picked a cute one where all three children looked happy...done.


This weekend we are hoping to finish our decorating with some paper snowflakes and a "snowfall" window project I saw online. I thought they would be great projects for the boys without being to strenous for me. I will post pictures of those once complete.

I don't usually take pictures of me and Dave rarely picks up the camera (he is more of a video person) but I wanted to capture a shot of me with my belly this far along. I am carrying all up front right now and I think she may be another little peanut, more like B when he was born. We will see. Just got back from the doctors today and yes, I still have a complete placenta previa and on top of that she is in a complete breech position (buttocks and feet down) so we will be doing a c-section the week of the 26th of January. No exact date has been set as of yet. We are just hoping at this point to make it that far. Knock on wood that we won't have to go earlier than that. We have almost settled on a name though we don't know when we are going to announce it. We are kind of saving some surprise for at least a little while.
I will keep all up to date as best as I can over the next two weeks. It will be a little hectic with all three boys at home but I have Dave to help most of the time so hopefully it won't be too bad.


1 comment:

  1. What a cute little belly! It looks like a girl belly LOL
    Glad your well, keep your feet up and take a break for Niecey.

    ReplyDelete