Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mothers Day!

Happy Mothers day everyone! I wanted to use today to thank some people out there who have either been second mothers to me or have taught me something about mothers.

First of all to my Mom - I Love You so much and Thanks for being you. You have never tried to be anything else or try to be what others expected you to be. Thats the way it should be.

To Sonja - You taught me you do whats best for your children, not what is popular. You nursed you children when it wasn't the "in" thing. You made sure they ate well when all the other kids were eating nothing but junk. You taught me that you don't have to mother the way you were mothered. Thank you for that.

Linda Bennett (a.k.a. Mrs. Erchard) - You taught me that you don't have to be someones mother to love them like your child. Thank you for helping me with the Much Too Difficult For a First Time Sewer skirt for home ec. That meant the world to me. You let me come into your home morning, dinnertime, anytime to practice piano. Thank you. Most of all Thank You for knowing that my mom was my mom, never judging her for it but understanding it and teaching me to love her for who she is.

To Karen - You taught me that no matter what life throws at you, you ARE strong enough to handle it (even when you think your not). You are an amazing mother, start believing it!

To Dave's mom - You taught me that even when your life is difficult you don't have to be. You always find the good in people and you don't let what happened to you define you. You find happiness in the simple, but most important things, children, family and life.

And to all the other moms out there that have taught me so much. Whether it was that I was not the only mom having a screaming kid in the store and it was o.k. or that I am doing the best I can and that is good enough. Just remember as long as you are trying you are the best mom you can be.

I love you all!

2 comments:

  1. Tania,
    Thank you so much for those kind and beautiful words. Let me just mention what a wonderful and amazing mother you are. You deserve all the best that life has to offer. Not a day goes by that I don't miss you. No one can make my days brighter and calmer like you do. Thank you for being you.
    Happy Mothers Day!
    Love you,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tania, Growing up you were more then a sister. As we are older now, your still more then a sister. Your my dearest friend. I just wish we lived closer! I know I never told you, but I'm very proud of you. As a person, wife, mother (your doing great!), friend. Most of all just the way you are, don't change. Keep doing what your doing, showing you care.
    Love you girl.

    ReplyDelete