Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I've Missed You My Friend

I put away my sewing machine soon after the tornado hit our area back in April. I could not deal with the chaos going on while having my stuff sprawled everywhere. Since I don't have a dedicated space I have a tendency to either take over the kitchen or have little bits and pieces all over the house, or both!

Since then all has been packed away except for a paper piecing project I have been slowly working on.

Last Tuesday I couldn't take it any more and pulled my se
wing machine back out. Since then I have sewn 2 pairs of pj pants for the older boys and 3 pair for Brandon. I finished a dress that has been in the works for a while (though I still need to finish the pants to match.) I have made 3 more pair of undies for Birdie and a nightgown for a friends daughter. I finally finished 2 outfits for my great nieces that I promised a long time ago.



A sneak peek for something for 2 special little girls.



A friends daughter loves pirates and twirly nightgowns. How could I resist!

I did not realize how much I missed sitting down at the machine and creating something.

My house, on the other hand has not missed it one bit.

Better get to cleaning!

1 comment:

  1. It was great seeing you today!!! It's funny that I did because just night I switched handbags to the one you made me years ago!! My coworker loved it too!!! :) Let me know if you have trouble accessing my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete