Kids school and art supplies are a group of stuff I always struggled to keep organized. The papers and books never seemed that hard but all those colored pencils, markers and stuff never ended up back where they had started and would always be a jumbled mess only a week after I spent an hour setting them up.
I can't leave them out in the open because of two little ones who don't quite get the idea of only using stuff on paper or when Mommy says OK so we had drawers that were in the cleaning closet. Didn't work one bit.
So here is the new system. We have been using it for about two weeks and I have to say I love it! Not only do things stay neat because everything has a place but things actually make it back to their spot instead of ending up on a counter or who knows where. You can find everything easy. No more "Mom, I can't find the pencil sharpener, or worse Mom asking what they have been doing for the past half hour "I can't find an eraser".

I went to Target and purchased a clear Over the Door Shoe Hanger. Then we organized the stuff so that the lower stuff could be for anyone, even the munchkins, and the upper for only the bigger kids. I am still working on labels. the ones I have right now don't seem to be sticking but we want to be able to remove them in case our needs change.
So let me know what you think!


Thats a GREAT idea!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat Idea! I might use that for my quilting supplies, and get them off the table.I'll have more working room then.
ReplyDeleteTania that is such a great idea! I used to use those for my home business back in the day! But I think I might have to steal the art supplies idea it is great!
ReplyDeletePost it has "tabs" that might work really well for labeling and relabeling the sections.
I love it! Thanks for sharing!!!!!
That looks great. Awesome idea!
ReplyDeleteThats a great idea!!!
ReplyDeleteAwesome! I have 2 of those too! Crafts in one & school supplies in the other. They are a great use of otherwise kind of dead space! How about writing the labels on card stock or index card & attaching with a small binder clip? One of mine in canvas so I couldn't stick labels to it.
ReplyDelete