Thursday, June 12, 2008

Fresh Air?

I had to take a picture out my front door today. Looking off to the left of our portico you could see the haze quite clearly. Then you take a breath and you know that's not haze, it's smoke. The thing that I find so interesting is this smoke is coming from a fire that is about 100 miles away. Out on the coast a nature preserve was struck by lightning on the 1st of June. We weren't bothered by it until the beautiful breeze came in from the coast. Don't get me wrong, I am happy for this breeze because I believe it was part of the weather pattern that finally broke our 100 degree temps. I am just amazed by the heavy smoke pouring over our area. You go outside and you can't breath. You would think it's right down the road. I am so glad it's not. I pray for the people who do live near the fire. They evacuated days ago. I cannot imagine. For now, I just keep the kids inside and think how lucky I am.

1 comment:

  1. That is spooky with all that smoke.Weather is so strange any more.

    ReplyDelete