
So as I was binding this quilt I kept looking at it going "what am I going to do with this one?" I loved it. I even had a name for it. The colors were so bright and happy. I just didn't know what I would use it for.
On Thursday Brandon came home from his preschool with a note about an auction the church was holding this weekend. They are trying to raise money to send a group of people into the Appalachian Mountains to help build and repair homes. Many of the families who live their have very little. The jobs don't exist up there but they don't really have the means (or the jobs anywhere else) to move. Suddenly I knew what I wanted to do with it. I called to see if they would take a last minute donation for the auction. I then sat down and prayed I would be able to finish the binding in time (I am notoriously slow with this). Well I finished this morning, with just enough time to run it over. Hopefully it will bring in a few extra dollars for the auction.
I am so glad this quilt had a purpose and someone who really wants it will be able to bring it home and love it.


I guess it was meant to be. You have not only help someone in need, you have brought sunshine in someones lives.
ReplyDeleteJust Beautiful.
That is exactly what I was thinking Sonja. When that came home with him on the same day I was asking myself this I figured that was where it was supposed to go.
ReplyDeleteTania that is so beautiful just as beautiful as the quilt! Just think of all the lives effected by that beautiful quilt!
ReplyDeleteIts great! I really wish I was crafty like you! Its hard being so "sewing-challenged"!
ReplyDeleteI hope the auction at Brandon's school was a success!